Tryouts/Evaluations Coming Soon for the Fall of 2021
If you love soccer but are looking for the next level in terms of training and competition, Travel Soccer is for you. During both the fall and spring seasons, travel players participate in two training sessions and one game per week under the guidance of both licensed and volunteer coaches. Game play is in the Central Pennsylvania Youth Soccer League (CPYSL) and includes teams from the Harrisburg, York, and Central Pennsylvania areas.
Travel Program Philosophy
- Travel soccer should be a platform for development, improvement, and fun.
- Players will be placed on teams that fit their skill level and play an appropriate level of competition.
- Training provides players the opportunity to get better. Games provide feedback to guide our training.
- Winning is not a top priority at this level.
- Playing time will not be equal among players and specific amounts cannot by guaranteed, but every player will play a significant amount in games to enable feedback and development.
- The coaching staff and coaching direction will be guided by the Director of Coaching.
- Parents must read, agree to, and sign our parental code of conduct.
- Players enter the Travel Soccer through a low stress player evaluation. We do not do skill testing or have a formalized tryout process. We simply want to see players play. Once we do, we are committed to finding a place for every player who wishes to be part of the Travel Program. Evaluations are held on a rolling basis and players may join the Travel Program at any time during the year.
- Once in the Travel Program, no player will be cut in future years. We are committed to help each player improve and will work to find each player the best opportunities for growth and success.
- Our goal is to have multiple teams in each age group so that players can play and develop at the right level of play for them.
- Our approach, structure, and technique are based on leading soccer organizations worldwide. We strive to bring the best possible soccer experience to Central Pennsylvania.
How the Travel Program Works
- There are both fall (Sept/Oct) and spring (Apr/May) seasons. Players can choose to play in one or both seasons.
- U8 through U13 age groups for both boys and girls (see age chart). School soccer at the middle/high school levels prevents teams from forming at higher age brackets, but Premier Soccer is available.
- 7v7/9v9 play with rosters of 12-14 players for U12 and below
- 11v11 play with rosters of 18 for players at U13 and up
- Training twice per week in State College
- One league game each Saturday with home games in Burnham (25 miles from State College) and away games in Harrisburg/York area
- Periodic tournament opportunities throughout the year
- Registration Fee: $250 per season (includes league/club registrations, insurance, field rental, referees, coaches, etc.)
- One time Uniform Cost: $75 per player (includes 2 game jerseys, shorts, and socks which are yours to keep)
Travel Soccer League Membership and Affiliations
Through a collaboration with the Mifflin County Soccer Club, our players compete in the Central Pennsylvania Youth Soccer League (CPYSL) which includes teams from south central Pennsylvania as well as the Harrisburg/York area. CPYSL has many levels of play which allows us to find the right completion for each team’s stage of development. CPYSL is affiliated with the Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Association (EPYSA) at the state level and of U.S. Youth Soccer at the national level. Penn United is also a registered member of U.S. Club Soccer. Affiliation with this national organization provides our players with additional opportunities and flexibility relative to tournaments, rosters, league play, and player identification at the highest level (lD2).
Click on this LINK if you are interested in being evaluated for our travel program.
Fee: $250/season; Approx. $75 one time fee for team uniform
Training day and time vary by team; Games are on Saturdays