Penn United Select
US Club Soccer – Tournament Championship Teams
Our 2015 teams competed well vs some top competition. The B15 narrowly missed out on Nationals. The G14 group advanced from regionals to Nationals and finished 2nd in the Nation in the Premier division to a team from Cleveland, OH.
Penn United is pleased to offer: Penn United Select US Club Soccer Tournament Championship Teams
The Select program offers the strongest players in the region the chance to come together, be trained by a licensed coach and enter in US Club’s highest competition level. Players can come together from any club or affiliation to represent our entire region. Selected players will be trained by Penn United’s top licensed coaches and prepare to compete in the US Club Soccer Regional Championships. Successful teams from the Regionals will qualify for the US Club Soccer National Cup which will compete against teams from across the entire country. Teams entering the regionals have included PDA, PA Classics Academy, The Riverhounds Developmental Squads, Century United…plus many more.
In 2017, US Club Soccer will run its 16th Edition of the National Cup. Top clubs from across the country participate in one of 5 regional qualifying tournaments-the winners of each event heading to Westfield, IN for the finals. The tournament offers not only some of the highest competition in the country, but also the chance for players to showcase themselves on a national stage. Players will also have the chance to be watched by US Club Soccer’s ID2 staff. ID2 provides an opportunity for the country’s elite youth soccer players to be identified and developed, and scouted for inclusion in U.S. Soccer’s National Team programs.
Age groups: U13-U18
Boys & Girls
Age group chart can be found HERE
Regional Tournament Dates: June 26-29. PDA Complex, Somerset, NJ. Tournament Website: HERE
National Tournament Dates: July 21-24, Westfield, IN. Website HERE
- Ryan Veltri – NSCAA Premier Diploma. NSCAA Director of Coaching Diploma. ODP Staff Coach.
- Andrew Beverly – NSCAA Advanced National Diploma. NSCAA Director of Coaching Diploma.
- Mike Bruckner – NSCAA Premier Diploma. USSF C.
- Haylea Myers – Former LHU player and Staff Coach.
- Danny Orton – English FA Prelim Badge (USSF B Equivalent). NSCAA Director of Coaching Diploma. USSF D.
- Justin Giedroc – NSCAA Level 6 Diploma. USSF D
- Alex Kimbro – NSCAA Level 6 Diploma
- Cole Black – USSF E, NSCAA National Diploma
Player Eligibility & Attributes
- These teams will be formed with the highest level of player in the region at a specific age group.
- Players considering trying out should be consistently toward the top end of their age group in terms of performance and resume.
- Players must not be US Club Soccer carded with any other club (or released if they are).
- Players are allowed to be carded with other clubs through USYS/State Associations. US Club Soccer offers an alternative path to tournaments and administration.
- Players will be expected to attend all training sessions if selected.
- Players must be available for the Regional and National tournament dates.
**HOW TO REGISTER TO BE EVALUATED**
- Current Penn United Premier Players:
Contact your team coach to let them know you’d like to be considered. Do this ASAP.
- Players not currently affiliated with one of our teams:
Please fill in this FORM to register your interest. You’ll be invited to a training session or two to be evaluated by our staff.
Timeline and FAQs
- March-June – players register interest and are evaluated.
- May – the coaching staff will determine if a team is big enough (or will be) and strong enough to enter.
- Players will be invited to the roster and the team application will be made.
- Player fees have been around $200. This will include training sessions, game shirts, tournament entry, coaching fees, insurance.
- June – the team will train (schedule set by the coach at the time of team entry announcement).